Linux delete fileSeptember 27, 2021
Linux files deletion via the console:
rm= remove. If multiple files are to be deleted, they are listed with a space:
rm deleteme.txt deleteme2.txt
Linux folder deletion via the console:
rm -r foldername
- To delete a single file, use rm FileName.
- To remove multiple files use rm FileName1 FileName2 FileName3
- For folders use rm -r OrderName
- You can also insert placeholders. For example, rm *.txt can delete all files with the extension .txt in the current directory.
- With man rm you can call the help page for rm in the terminal.